Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Substance Designer and drawing stream

Recently I got substance designer and have been learning it a bit.
In Substance designer I've been learning a bit of how to use the graph, a but of PBR(Physically based rendering) and a lot of the mapping in PBR such as normal, roughness, and metalic.

A few interesting things about substance designer is you can export a .sbsar files into engine like Unity 5 and Unreal Engine 4. This will create very small files and give the ability to create variation of the texture.

A reason I really like substance designer is the ability to create tileable parametric textures for things such as walls and floors. A cool thing I've been looking into is height map which for some reason this program doesn't allow you to properly see so I'm still not sure if it effects topology or fakes it.


started a new drawing in photoshop which I ended up streaming for more than 2 hours